“Your health is your wealth”. This’s the reason people strive to be fit because it helps them become more successful, earn more money, and live a healthier lifestyle. Working out is part of personal development and it takes time. It entails taking small steps in the right direction. In this article, we share with you tips on how to create a fitness app like Fargo.
The Fargo mobile app is a family wellness app that enables users to check schedules, purchase sessions, join programs, check out facility visits, and manage personal information.
How to Develop an Effective Fitness App
There are two important steps in building a successful business app. They include app development stage and coming up with a business model. The first step is coming up with a business model.
1. The Business Model
This step entails describing your wellness app in details. Some of the details you need to include are value position, key partners, main activities, key resources, and the revenue stream among others. You also need to clearly define the audience your targeting with your app, the key features you want to include, the type of technology, and the amount you’re willing to spend.
2. Developing the App
If you’re not a developer, you may need to hire a team of developers and designers with the right skills to help you create a wellness app. Before you hire a team of developers and designers, you need to ask yourself several questions. These questions include:
- Is the team experienced in developing wellness apps?
- Has the team received a positive reviews from previous customers?
- How much does the team charge for their services?
- What project management tools and practices does the team employ?
Experts recommend that hiring a team of developers and designers will get you good results compared to working with individuals. A team of developers and designers have the ability to collaborate to solve complex issues that may come up.
Furthermore, a team brings a variety of skills onboard. For example, a typical app development team includes developers, project managers, QA engineers, and designers.
3. Design, Develop And Test the Fitness App
After developing your fitness app, the next step is to design and test the app in a transparent manner. This process entails the following: defining the requirements, QA and testing, deployment, road-mapping, and creating a support system.
4. The Features of a Wellness App like Fargo
- The first feature that must be included in a fitness app is compatibility and synchronization. Compatibility makes the app functional in most devices and run on the most popular operating systems i.e. Android and IOS. Synchronization enables the app to run on different devices simultaneously.
- The app should also have a pedometer/step counter which is a feature that motivates users to keep on moving. The feature works by keeping track of the number of steps a user has taken in a day. This motivates them to work out daily.
- An effective fitness app should also have a calorie counter/food tracker. It allows users to keep entries of food items they consume and count the nutrients and calories they get.
- Water intake and sleep tracker. A wellness app needs a feature that helps users to track water and the amount of sleep they get.
- Other important features that a fitness app should include are location tracker, personalization, gamification, leaderboard and chat, push notification, online consultation, and a heart rate monitor.
Fitness application development can be quite a challenging task.
A few things to summarize:
- Your solution should have the best fitness app features such as personal account, setting goals, actual activity tracking, and social elements.
- The app can offer a custom workout plans creation feature.
- It’s an excellent idea to collaborate with as many wearable producers as possible (and cost-efficient)
- People love competing or comparing themselves to others – give them this opportunity.
When building a fitness app, consider gamification features so that people are motivated to use your app and share it with their friends.